This day and age we all carry cameras of some description – either our phones or maybe you have a little point and shoot with you while you’re out fishing. We are blessed to have access to two beautiful stretches of water – The Boyne and The Trimblestown so we want to see your best photos of our river. To that effect the club is running a photo competition for the coming season and the theme is “Our River”
- Make sure your photograph is sharp – blurred, out of focus pics just don’t work.
- Think about your subject and your composition before clicking.
- Try not shoot directly into the sun.
- Don’t drop your phone/camera in the river!
- It’s pictures of the river we’re after, so a photo of a dead trout on the bank is not going to make the cut.
- We’ve got some lovely bridges, trees and buildings along our stretch of water so don’t be stuck for something to shoot.
- A photo of your fishing buddy in an embarrassing situation gets bonus points.
- Early morning or late evening light always makes for a nice photo.