If you are new to our fishery, please call beforehand to enquire about river conditions and access points.
Day Permits are €15 per day and are available for purchase on-line.
Please make sure you are familiar with our rules and bylaws before buying your Day Permit. Catch and Release is applicable to all Day Ticket Holders.
The Trim Athboy District
Day Ticket Holders can access the fishery on the right bank upstream from the Dublin Road at Scurlogstown to the Mill (3.4 mile upstream from the town).
Rules & Bylaws of the Association
- The objectives of the association are the preservation of salmon and trout in such portion of the River Boyne and its tributaries as may be acquired by the Association from time to time.
- All members may exercise their rights at all lawful times, subject to the following conditions.
- Fishing with rod and line only permitted. Landing net may be used.
- All trout under 12inches (305mm) measuring from the tip of snout to the fork of tail must be returned uninjured to the water. Daily bag limit is 2 trout.
- Members must comply with all the by laws of the Association and Statutes regulating fishing in Irish Republic and with any other by-laws affecting the said rivers.
- Fishing with natural minnow is prohibited.
- Trout Season 1st March to 30 September. Catch and release applies from 1st July to 30th September.
- Respect and protect riparian Landowners and farmers interests.
- Members of the Association hereby waive any right or entitlement to pursue any claim against riparian owners/occupiers (to include but not limited to Lessees) for any loss, personal injury, damage howsoever caused pursuant to the provisions of the Civil Liability Act 1961 and whether such claim arises as a result of any statutory breach or negligence of the riparian owner/occupier. Members will familiarise themselves with and be bound by any notices placed at the entrances to Riparian Owners/Occupiers lands.
- Members are classed as recreational users for the purposes of the Occupiers Liability Act 1995. Riparian Owners/Occupiers reserve the right to refuse a member entry to lands owned or held by them.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- Empty bottles or tins must not be left strewn along the river banks.
- Members must not damage any meadows, crops or fences adjoining the rivers.
- Members must display their club membership car sticker when parking in access points to fishery. No parking in gateways.
- Membership card must be carried by all members while fishing in the preserves of the Association and must be produced for inspection on demand by a riparian owner, water keeper or any member of the Association.
- Any member causing upset to riparian owners or landowners who provide access to our fishery may have their membership suspended, restricted or cancelled.
- The club cannot vouch for the safe state of the fishery at any time due to changing weather and water conditions and the possible presence of hidden and unknown dangers. Anglers are warned to exercise the utmost care for their own safety and that of others using the fishery.
- Failure to comply with all or any of the Rules, Constitution and Bye Laws of the Association (which are presumed to be considered and read by members) will result in membership being cancelled.
- In the event of an incident, contact club secretary or committee member with 24hrs.
- All members waive any legal entitlement to claim against fellow members or officers of the Association or the Association itself arising out of any personal injury, loss or damage howsoever caused including any claim for damages arising out of any negligent act, breach of duty or breach of statutory duty on the part of officers, committee members or members of the Association.
All enquiries should be addressed to the Hon. Secretary and accompanied by a Stamped Addressed Envelope